The Centre for Exploration Geophysics has a variety of the latest computing hardware and specialist geophysics software resources, including a HPC cluster, and high-end specialist workstations and servers.
The Centre uses a Linux HPC Cluster, which forms the backbone of our local computational resources.
We also have a range of local production servers, which hold both active and archive data. Our local desktop computers include a number of high-end workstations that are used for advanced data processing and 3D modelling applications.
The following software resources are available throughout our area for use in teaching and research projects.
- ALT – WellCAD
- CGG – Jason Geoscience Workbench
- CGG – Hampson Russell Software
- dGB Earth Sciences – OpendTect
- DHI Group – FEFLOW
- Down Under Geosolutions – Insight
- EMIT – Maxwell Software
- Emerson – Paradigm Software
- GNS Science – Globe Claritas
- IHS Markit – Kingdom
- IHS Markit – Harmony Enterprise
- ION – MESA Expert
- Halliburton – Landmark
- Mathworks – MatLAB
- Mira Geoscience – Mira Mining Suite; VPMG
- RadexPro Software
- Sandmeier – ReflexW
- Schlumberger – Petrel
- Schlumberger – WesternGeco – Omni
- Schlumberger – WesternGeco – Vista
- Seequent – Oasis Montaj
- Tensor Research – Modelvision
- Tesseral Technologies Software